Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Sacredness Of The Ordinary


Sunday, October 4, 2015



https://sp.yimg.com/xj/th?id=OIP.M2b19750759da9012f0061b4ee4fa5ebdo0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300A Hero’s Cap 
  
Ever since I was a little kid I adored my grandfather. He was such an honorable person. He joined the military and fought in the Vietnam War. He lived in Tuscon, Arizona after he retired from the military and that’s where I saw him most of the time. After the war, there was something wrong with him and we had to put him in a electric wheelchair.
He was the nicest man you will ever meet. He used to give me rides around on his wheelchair when I was too lazy to walk somewhere. He was a funny guy too, always making fun of my dad in the funniest of ways. Them too were pretty close and loved each other a lot. We often visited Arizona because of this.
One normal day we had got a call from the doctors in Arizona and said that my grandfather was in the hospital. We hoped so much that it was minor, but a couple days later they said that he had passed away. Now this was about three years ago, but I still remember it like it was yesterday. This was a bad day for everyone especially my dad. I don’t think that I have ever seen my dad cry, but that day he was in a lot of tears.
We went out to Arizona for the funeral. This was probably the saddest I have ever seen my grandmother too. Everyone there was sad because a great man had passed. When I had got  to my grandmother’s house after the funeral she said that she had needed to talk to me about something. She said that she wanted to give me the hat that he would always wear around. At first, I said,” no I can’t take that because I didn’t deserve something like that”. Then she persuaded me into taking it because of the fact that I needed something to remember him by.
To this day I keep that hat secure in my house because it actually is the only thing that I have to remember him by besides picture. I can still remember when she gave me that hat I was so honored I couldn’t talk. It was the greatest gift that I have ever gotten. I can still remember him giving me rides on his electric wheelchair with his hat on. Rest in Peace Grandpa

No comments:

Post a Comment